Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Tomorrows never known


 

The Seahawks had me hooked with their 5th release “Aquadisco” (OM006), 10 Years ago.

To this day they consist of Lo Recordings label boss Jon Tye & Peter Fowler.

Here we had another band that I was able to discover retrospectively. Although I have to say that since “Aquadisco” they have gotten better and better for me. I think it's the normal way when you start a project and at the beginning it's not clear where the journey is going and then the path you're walking on begins to shine more and more.

“Tomorrows Never Known” came right into the middle of my new Seahawks relationship in 2013 and was released under the alias: Captain Sunshine & The Valley People. It quickly became clear that Jon Tye would be Captain Sunshine. Who was behind the Valley People, probably not. The credits only list the Seahawks as producers, so Pete Fowler probably takes on the role of the Valley People. A wonderful Balearic summer album. Unfortunately, I don't know of any MP3 releases yet. You can listen to 2 of the 6 tracks on Discogs.


Addendum: Courage to correct - I just listened to “Invisible Sunrise (OM002)” & “Tender Abyss (OM004)” again. Talking about better and better doesn't actually help. These are completely different albums, and each is exciting and good in its own right. We need more Seahawks.




„During the summer of 2012 before the rains came, the Captain headed for the interior and in a lost valley far from the world of men he jammed with a tribe of initiates…The Valley People. 

The results were channelled via ether waves to Ocean Moon Central aka The Centre Of Sound where Seahawks guided them to vinyl in their own sweet way. Echoes of Fern Kinney on helium, Nick Nicely on mogadon, Kraftwerk jamming in the jungle whilst aliens land their craft ready for a cosmic lounge party. Listen out for ethereal soul sounds, Island funk and dream wave….ghost vibrations from beyond the reef where they dream of sliver rivers and sleep under the stars.“

-phonica records-


„This is so good it's almost like my dream Seahawks album come true. "Did I commision this?", was my first reaction after I very eagerly and with high expectations unwrapped it and put it on. It's lush, melodic, ambient dubby dream-disco for those smoke filled, late night summer sessions of pure hedonism. I think I'll just stick to "ambient dream-disco" when I have my inevitable fan-boi rants about this in the future. Limited to 500 copies on purple vinyl.“

-co-existence-


https://www.discogs.com/release/4760615-Captain-Sunshine-The-Valley-People-Tomorrows-Never-Known


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day before the game

  OK. Summer break.  As expected, the quarter-finals ended yesterday. But please not like that. Anyone who saw the game knows what I mean. U...