Friday, May 24, 2024

Mister Buntington said


Hmm, a month of Bamboo Blog. 

I didn't think for a second that I would post so much. A post almost every day seemed impossible to me. At the moment it seems that it's still working, I have the capacity and freedom due to the current life situation. When little else is possible. Things will change again soon, and I'll see. My writing is currently bumpy, clumsy & I quote from many who can do it better. I already wrote about it & I hope one day it will be easier to read. I hope the content is interesting enough to encourage you to discover or rediscover the music described here and there.

At the moment the last post carries me to the next. Two or three lines about Sadie Glutz and Ultramarine are obvious after yesterday.


David Conway & Laurence Elliott-Potter released an album & 4 EP's between 1996 and 1999 as Sadie Glutz on Silver Planet Recordings, home of many James Holden tracks and were another discovery in the late 1990s that introduced me to John Peel. What this man has done for my musical development can never be appreciated enough. I won't be the only one who thinks this way. And he actually expanded my tastes to more and more eclectic listening. 

“The Boys from Outerspace” is an album full of dance, trance (break) beats that have their moments when used in the right place. The winners for me, however, are album opener “The Meteorite” and “Zorg”, two cozy acid songs for the afternoon after-hours in the summer garden. Dream on.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day before the game

  OK. Summer break.  As expected, the quarter-finals ended yesterday. But please not like that. Anyone who saw the game knows what I mean. U...